Inter-coasting

I mentioned before that I enjoy the Furled Sails podcasts. I was intrigued by the one I listened to today about the Atlantic InterCoastal Waterway caught my attention. The idea of taking a sailing boat on inland waterways from Boston to Florida is an intriguing one.

Having spent several family holidays in the Outer Banks soaking up the history of shipwrecks along the Carolina coasts, I can see the attractions of missing that part of the ocean trek south although I'm not sure how much sailing you'd get in. Even if you join the AIW in Norfolk, Virginia, it would still be 1,200 miles which could be a lot of motoring in a small boat!

The podcast was an interview with the authors of the Managing the Waterways books which sound like just the thing if you wanted to do this trip.

Other interesting resources were here, here and here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sailing at 47.2 knots!